- B.Sc-M.Sc in Physics, Institute of Technology Kharagpur 2007-2012
- Ph.D in Nuclear Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2012-2020
- Research Assistant, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Ph.D. Thesis: “Measurement of high-mass dimuon production for p+p and p+d collisions with 120 GeV proton beam at Fermilab”
- Conducted data extraction, transformation, loading (ETL), and quantitative analysis using MySQL, CERN-ROOT (C++) and FORTRAN.
- Enhanced and maintained Monte Carlo C++ code for modeling signal and background.
- Improved the simulation which led to a reliable method for separating signal from background.
- Research Intern, University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth
- Utilized FORTRAN 90 codebase to conduct simulations for understanding the hydrodynamics of giant molecular clouds (acknowledged in the group’s publication)
- Research Intern, Raman Reserach Institute, Bangalore
- Implemented MATLAB code to replicate findings of an astrophysics research paper on non-thermal Sunyaev–Zel’dovich effect in clusters of galaxies.
- Pneumonia detection from chest x-rays using Convolutional Neural Networks
- Processed NIH chest x-ray dataset of dicom x-ray files and radiological report attributes.
- Implemented computer vision deep neural network architecture to classify x-rays.
- Statistical analysis of housing prices and recession across US locations
- Performed cleaning, transformation, and merging of Zillow’s housing data, university towns from Wikipedia, and GDP data from the US department of commerce using Pandas.
- Utilized hypothesis testing via t-test to identify effect of recession in housing prices in university towns.
- Trolling, Aggression and Cyber-bullying Content Identification
- Joint work with Sudhanshu Mishra and Shubhanshu Mishra
- Used fine-tuning of multi-lingual transformer neural network with joint training training on different languages and joint labelling of multiple tasks.
- Our approach came 2nd and 4th in 2 sub-tasks and 3rd in 4 of the 6 sub-tasks.
- Code: github.com/socialmediaie/TRAC2020
- Hate Speech Identification
- Used fine-tuning of multi-lingual transformer neural networks, multi-task models and Back Translation.
- Published in the Proceedings of the 11th annual meeting of the Forum for Information Retrieval Evaluation.
- Extension of this work has been submitted to “Springer Nature Computer Science” journal.
- Code: [github.com/socialmediaie/MTML_HateSpeech]
- Fall 2012: PHYS 212 (Electricity and Magnetism)
- Spring 2013: PHYS 212 (Electricity and Magnetism)
- Summer 2013: PHYS 213 (Thermal Physics)
- Spring 2014: PHYS 575 (Particle Physics)
- 2018, Puzzle Bang 2nd runner-up, Reflection & Projections, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- 2017, Felix T. Adler prize, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- 2012, Institute Silver medal, IIT Kharagpur
- 2012, Department gold medal, IIT Kharagpur
- 2012, Sharmila Bose memorial prize, IIT Kharagpur
- 2012, H.N. Bose memorial prize, IIT Kharagpur
- 2008-12, Inspire Scholarship, Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India